Tuesday 20 May 2014

Owl odyssey

I fell down some rabbit holes recently looking at crochet owls on PinterestWho knew there were so many ways to crochet an owl? Not me. 

In the end I chose this one. Meant to be an iPhone cover but now my older daughter uses it as her, umm, make up bag. 





Then, I had a go at this one and I loved it, it's basically a granny square. Before I knew it I had finished a couple. Another surprise: it turns out owls are pretty quick to do. 




But the biggest achievement for me has been getting the hang of crocheting an owl in cable. There a lot of tutorials around for this, but they all defeated me. I finally found one that was (almost) easy to follow here. It took a practice run but I got it. I was too impatient to watch the video, just followed the pattern for the owl.



I am making a little tank top for them to roost on (do owls roost?) nicely dovetailing my belief in the tank top as the ultimate garment with my new skills.






No comments:

Post a Comment

a year above the shop

a year above the shop