Tuesday 23 July 2013

some days

Some days there is no time to make things.




Some days your fridge packs up in a heatwave. 

A gas leak apparently. Do I save the hummus or the orange juice?

Some days you take a hot teething baby to the surgery for his immunisations. And you have to wait over an hour.


A work-in-progress sits tantalisingly over a chair.



So nearly finished. If only I had some time.

On these days I try to find comfort in what I can do.

I can rearrange my scissors. This is pleasing.


I can make a good luck card for someone important.

And that is about it. Sigh. Maybe it's ok. 

It will have to be.






3 comments:

  1. Of course it's ok. Anything you get done over and above sheer survival when you've got a small baby (especially in this heat) is a matter for congratulation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while you feel hot and stuck and as though you haven't achieved anything, the rest of your family sings and tell jokes - you take on all the frustration so that they don't need to. X Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah just lovely writing. Honestly. Made me feel better in my own no time life. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete

a year above the shop

a year above the shop