Monday 15 August 2011

One piece blouse no.2


This is the second go at the One Piece Kimono Tee. The link from burdastyle is here. It's free! It's easy! Click on it and make a blouse really quickly! The internet is amazing!



This one did take longer than an hour though. I did a bit of fancy footwork, namely using my overlocker to do a bit of gathering on the sleeves. Mmm, that was fun. 


I also added a little button detail at the back of the neck. 


I had planned for this fabric (Liberty Tana lawn, bought as a remnant in the January sale) and these buttons to get together ages ago. I think the black birds (swallows?) cut through the pink nightie vibe a little. 


I again made binding and added it to the sleeves and neck. For these blouses I have been  cutting the binding correctly: actually on the bias. It works beautifully. I have also been sewing them in properly and again, revelation! If you follow instructions, things often turn out well.


Very pleased. Two new cotton blouses and no credit card abuse. I reckon it cost £12 for the pair. 


Perfect wear for this sticky, rainy and dramatic summer.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Miriam. Love the buttons. You are certainly mastering the dressmaking/following a pattern thing! Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one even better than the last! Love the binding on the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too clever you are. great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Very lovely indeed - you have got me all inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miriam, thanks for stopping by on my blog! You are amazing, look at all the amazing wares your clever busy hands have whipped up. I love it all! the top, the crochet shelf decoration, the 3 year old crocheting .... so great. Great blog too, I'll definitely be checking back in for tips! Hope going back to work went well. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

a year above the shop

a year above the shop